Illinois Eye Institute Foundation executive director Dr. Leonard Messner will be joined by author and founder of Sports Legacy Institute Chris Nowinski and representatives of the Chicago Concussion Coalition, a group of more than 40 organizations including leaders from sports, business, healthcare, education, entertainment and the nonprofit sectors. Former NFL players Richard Dent, Jerry Azumah and Otis Wilson will also attend to show their support.
WHAT & WHY:
- Eye on Concussions benefit to educate student athletes, parents, coaches and former professional athletes on how to play sports smarter and safer
- Awards will be presented to Chicago Public Schools (CPS) and CPS Athletic Director Calvin Davis
- Donations in part benefit Illinois Eye Institute Foundation charge to provide education about eye movement and abnormalities as an indicator of concussions
- In partnership with former professional athletes and members of the Chicago Concussion Coalition, Illinois Eye Institute Foundation offers monthly Advanced Concussion Trainings (ACT) at its facility on the south side of Chicago
- Super Bowl XLVI raffle tickets, silent auction, entertainment and more!
Friday, November 18, 2011; 7:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Illinois Eye Institute, 3241 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago
Tickets can be purchased for $250 per ticket for the special VIP reception or $20 per ticket for the main Eye on Concussions program (all tickets are tax deductible)
Illinois Eye Institute Foundation
About Illinois Eye Institute Foundation
The Illinois Eye Institute Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting and promoting the community outreach, charitable programs and advancement of research at the Illinois Eye Institute, a non-profit, multi-specialty eye center that has served Chicago since 1955.