The mission of the Illinois College of Optometry is to develop highly qualified clinical optometrists
through excellence in optometric education.
- High expectations for outstanding academic and clinical performance by our students
- Superior academic programs in an environment that strives to exceed the expectations of students with varied learning styles
- Diverse learning experiences in coordinated clinical care that demonstrate optometry’s role in an integrated health care model
- Continued evolution of eye care through the delivery of innovative services within the IEI and its satellites
- Scholarly activity that expands the body of knowledge
- An environment that fosters the development of leaders in the profession and in our communities
- Diversity among our students, faculty, staff and governing board
- Professionalism and integrity in all that we do
- Recruitment of the most qualified students, faculty and staff
- A commitment to lifelong learning
- ICO will provide a curriculum that prepares its students for progressive optometric practice.
- ICO will provide students and residents with an integrated health care experience that prepares them for practice within any healthcare setting.
- ICO will adopt innovative practices for recruitment and retention of highly qualified students.
- ICO will provide a contemporary environment that meets the future physical and technological needs of its students, faculty, staff and patients.
- ICO will develop fiscally responsible financial strategies to successfully meet our mission as a single program institution.
- ICO will create an environment that supports and values all members of our community.