The ICO Library offers a variety of services and is happy to support the needs of
Library support services available:
- Copies of articles for journals (within copyright laws)
- Loans from the book collection
- Online Library Catalog access at: http://library.ico.edu
- Literature searches of PubMed (MEDLINE), VisionCite, et al.
- Loansome Doc services
- Reference questions answered
Also available is VisionCite, the library’s specialized index of the vision science literature (formerly VAL):
- 300,500 citations from 1984- covering the optometric and ophthalmic literature
- Indexes over 120 titles, including many not available in PubMed
- 12,000 articles added yearly
- 20% discount for ICO Alumni
- 100% discount for Leadership Circle members
Donations to the Library:
The library staff is glad to accept book and journal donations from alumni. All material donated is evaluated. However, College policy prohibits us to place a value on the items. The library reserves the right to add the material to the collection or offer it to other libraries or the students and faculty.