Congratulations on being selected to complete the supplemental application for ICO!
*The following information is intended only for candidates who have been invited to complete the supplemental application.
The supplemental application is a very quick process. The Supplemental Application includes the online Supplemental Application Form, Pre-Optometry Coursework Sheet, and the Supplemental Application Fee of $50 USD (payable online).
Supplemental Application Steps:
- Complete the online Supplemental Application and pay the $50 USD Supplemental Application Fee (payable online).
- Download the Pre-Optometry Coursework Sheet and return to the Office of Admissions. The Pre-Optometry Coursework Sheet is a fillable PDF and can be returned to our office via email, fax, or mail.
Office of Admissions
Illinois College of Optometry
3241 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60615
Below are examples for your reference.
- Request official OAT scores be released to ICO
- Request official TOEFL scores, if English is your second language. (ICO’s institutional code is 1317.)
- Optional: 2x2 recent photograph of yourself (include your name on the back)
Re-applicants will need to include a one page re-applicant statement addressing what you have done or plan to do to improve your application since last applying to ICO (if not already submitted via OptomCAS).
Upon receipt of your online Supplemental Application, Pre-Optometry Coursework Sheet and letters of evaluation from OptomCAS, the Admissions Committee will conduct an initial review of your materials. You can expect to hear from us within 4-6 weeks of receiving all application materials.
After the initial review of your file has been completed, the Admissions Committee may request that you schedule an interview and/or submit additional information.
You must complete all parts of the Supplemental Application to move on in the application process.
Supplemental Application Deadline: March 1, 2013