Thank you for your interest in ICO residency programs. Please follow the below steps and submit your application through the Optometry Residency Match (ORMatch), expected to launch in Fall 2012. The ORMatch code for each ICO residency program, with the exception of the James A. Lovell FHCC residency program, can be found at the top of the program overview page for each residency.
- Visit the ORMatch website and register by December 31, 2012.
- Contact the program coordinator declaring your interest in applying. This information is provided on the program overview
page for each residency.
- Send the following documents to the program coordinator no later than February 1:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Brief letter of interest in the program
- Official optometry school transcript
- Official NBEO transcript
- Three letters of recommendation from clinical faculty
4. You may then be contacted for an on-site interview
5. After completing the interview process, complete the ORMatch Applicant’s ranking form.
Submit this form on or before the OR Match-designated deadline (to be announced.)
Candidates must graduate from an accredited school or college of optometry prior to matriculation and must be eligible for licensure in Illinois. All applicants will be evaluated without regard to sex, race, color, creed, age, national origin, or non-disqualifying physical disabilities.