Networking Event of the Year
Hey, students! Are you ready for a jam-packed day of hobnobbing and learning about the vast career possibilities that lie ahead? Then, don’t miss the 18th Annual Practice Opportunities Symposium on Friday, April 10. The event begins at 1 p.m. and is a one-stop event to window shop-till-you-drop the spectrum of career paths and resources:
• Interactive small group discussions with alumni and other ODs
• Information about externships, residencies and specialty/non-traditional practices
• Insight on practice management
• Networking with private and corporate ODs
• Information on practice possibilities after graduation
• Demonstrations of the latest optometric products and equipment
• Free food and drinks!
Students are sure to learn a ton about various modes of practice, post-graduation opportunities and the profession of optometry in general from over 40 practitioners! The event is free, and clinic attire is required.
If you are interested in working the event as a Career Development Assistant and making some extra cash, there are still several spots available. Just stop by Daphne Anderson’s office today and complete a work-study form. Positions are first come, first served.