The Illinois College of Optometry is one of the world’s leading optometric institutions and has provided exceptional clinical education since its founding in 1872 by Dr. Henry Olin. Located in Chicago, ICO offers the best educational experience to optometry students who share our passion for excellence.
From a distinguished faculty to a comprehensive curriculum and extensive clinical experience, ICO remains at the forefront of optometry through the dedicated efforts of our established community. We are very proud of our program and facilities and invite students considering optometry as a career to come and visit and see for yourself.
- More than 600 students attend ICO. Each class has approximately 160 students.
- All full-time faculty hold an OD, PhD, MD or MS/MA.
- The student/faculty ratio in clinic is 4:1
- The student/faculty ratio in labs is 15:1.
- The student/faculty ratio in lecture is 165:1.
- ICO’s NBEO pass rate is among the highest in the country, annually exceeding the national average on all three tests.